Protecting your social media accounts with strong passwords and two-factor authentication is crucial in today’s digital world! With cyber-attacks becoming more frequent, it’s essential to safeguard your personal information from hackers.
Here are some tips to ensure your passwords are strong:
- Use a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols in uppercase and lowercase.
- Avoid using easily guessable information like birthdays, pet names, or commonly used passwords.
- Make your password is at least eight characters long. The longer, the better.
- Do not use the same password for multiple accounts.
To protect your passwords:
- Never share your password with anyone.
- Change your passwords regularly.
- Use a password manager to store your passwords securely.
Two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of security to your accounts by requiring a password and a code sent to your phone or email to log in. Make sure to turn on two-factor authentication for all your social media accounts to protect your personal information.
Remember, your social media accounts contain a lot of personal information, and protecting it with strong passwords is essential. They are also linked to your business accounts. I am frequently contacted by people who have lost access to their business account after having been hacked. Don’t wait until it’s too late to secure your accounts!