Our 2023 Social Media Predictions To Keep You Ahead of the Curve
Here is our list of trends to expect on social media in 2023:
- Content inspired by Netflix/Now TV etc.: Popular Netflix shows such as ‘Wednesday’ and ‘Emily in Paris’ are taking over TikTok and Instagram with so many creators posting content inspired by their favourite show. Whether it’s posting a spooky TikTok dance or styling a Parisian-inspired outfit, people love to engage with content related to what they’re watching. We think there will be a lot more of this in 2023. Try and engage with these trends as much as you can.
- BeReal: 2022 saw the rise of ‘BeReal’; an app that allows you to share what you’re up to with your friends at a notified time every day. Other platforms such as Instagram, TikTok (TikTok Real) and Facebook are already adding similar features, I think we will be hearing a lot more about BeReal this year.
- TikTok Ads: TikTok was the most downloaded social media app in the world in 2022. We can be sure to see a lot more paid campaigns on TikTok this year. We have started to use TikTok ads and so far the results have been really good.
- TikTok Search Bar: TikTok has introduced a unique new search bar feature. When you go to the comment section of a video, a search bar appears telling you what people are searching for after viewing the video. In 2023, there’s no doubt other platforms will be taking inspiration from this and applying it to their algorithm.
- Short-form TikTokable Style Video: I believe we will see a further increase in short form TikTok / Reel style videos across all social media platforms.
- Facebook & Instagram: I predict that Facebook and Instagram will continue to be the biggest driver of sales and leads in 2023….but it’s time to start checking out TikTok, especially if your audience is starting to hang out there.